Head Lifeguard/Head Instructor- Aquatics (Fall 2021)
|Open Date||Apr 07 2021 - 04:00:00 PM||Close Date||Jun 18 2021 - 12:00:00 PM|
|Position Title||Head Lifeguard/Head Instructor- Aquatics (Fall 2021)||Posting Type||Recreation|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Casual|
|Department Group||Hours per Week|
|Education||Grade 12 Education or Equivalent||Company||City of Orillia|
Plan, organize and implement a high quality program that is stimulating and enjoyable for all participants. Provide supervision, guidance and coaching to staff and volunteers. Responsible for the safety and wellbeing of all participants.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise, coach and evaluate casual/part-time staff.
- Assist with promotion of programs.
- Plan, organize and deliver high quality safe and stimulating programs for all levels of participants.
- Ensure staff are following program plans and legislative requirements.
- Responsible for the final check of all safety equipment and locations to ensure the safety and program efficiency.
- Maintain complete vigilance while on duty and be ready to respond to any emergency situation.
- Be ready for work fifteen minutes prior to the start of each scheduled shift; ensuring that all lifesaving and instructional equipment is set out, checked and then put away each day (report any equipment deficiencies to supervisor).
- Handle program feedback in a professional manner by providing exceptional customer service.
- Complete administrative duties in a timely manner (e.g. staff and program schedules, evaluations, payroll, reports and incident/accident reports).
- Inspect and clean equipment daily to ensure cleanliness.
- Monitor the use of equipment and supplies, conduct inventory counts and re-stock as needed.
- Report all concerns, accidents and incidents to immediate supervisor for follow up and take appropriate action.
- Maintain an understanding of department programs and services.
- Understand, adhere to, and enforce Corporate Policies & Procedures, Confidentiality Guidelines, Emergency Procedures and Health and Safety Standards for all participants and staff.
- Attend meetings/training as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Provide support as a Lifeguard / Instructor, when necessary.
POSITION EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Current Lifesaving National Lifeguard Pool.
- Current LSS Swim instructors, LSS Lifesaving Instructor, and LSS Emergency First Aid Instructor
- Standard First Aid with CPR –C (dated within 2 years).
- High Five: Principles in Healthy Child Development.
- Aquatic Supervisor Training.
- Must have a least 2 years’ experience lifeguarding.
- Additional examiner and instructor awards considered an asset
- Criminal reference with vulnerable sectors check.
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Previous leadership experience working with children.
- Reliable with a positive, responsible attitude.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Some work is conducted in recreational arenas, gymnasiums and sports fields where normal office equipment may not be available and improvisation may be required. Will be required to work weekends, long hours as well as abnormal hours.
- May be required to work in conditions that may result in being exposed to wet, cold and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Work activities will require a level of strength, physical fitness and flexibility.
- May be required to lift or bend when cleaning as well as setting up or taking down program equipment.
We thank all applicants that apply and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted. The City of Orillia is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free environment. Accommodation will be provided in all steps of the hiring process. Please advise the City of Orillia Human Resources Department if you require any accommodations to ensure you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection and Privacy Act, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act 2001, S.O. 2001, c. 25, and will be used for the purpose of candidate selection. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Freedom of Information Coordinator, 50 Andrew St. S., Suite 300, Orillia ON L3V 7T5 or call 705-325-1311.