Facility Operator 1 or 2 (Three Positions)
|Open Date||Sep 11 2020 - 01:46:42 PM||Close Date||Sep 25 2020 - 12:00:00 PM|
|Position Title||Facility Operator 1 or 2 (Three Positions)||Posting Type||Operations|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Casual|
|Department Group||Hours per Week|
|Department||Environment and Infrastructure Services||Openings||3|
|Education||High School||Company||City of Orillia|
|Salary Range||$16.48 to $19.06 per hour|
The City of Orillia has openings for three (3) casual part-time positions as Facility Operator 1 or 2 in the Environment and Infrastructure Services Department.
- Perform maintenance, general caretaking and other facility operational duties to ensure the safe operation of arenas, pools, gymnasiums and other recreational facilities.
- Responsible for the safe operation of various pool, gymnasium and fitness related equipment, including all required pool water testing and treatments as per the Ontario Health Regulations.
- Responsible for safe operation and maintenance of ice as per TSSA requirements.
- Assist with set-up and take-down of various events, activities and programs.
- Communicate with the public and user groups in a courteous and efficient manner to promote a high standard of public relations.
- Clean, disinfect, and restock washrooms and changerooms regularly
- Maintain storage areas and cleaning equipment, materials and supplies in a safe and orderly manner to ensure the safety of other staff and the public.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Refrigeration Certificate and/or a Certified Pool Operators (CPO) Certificate is required for Operator 2 positions.
- Knowledge of standard cleaning procedures, chemicals, products and equipment.
- Previous experience as a facility operator with additional experience in cleaning and general building maintenance.
- Strong physical dexterity and experience operating equipment such as trucks, mowers, ice resurfacer, floor scrubbers, power tools and hand tools.
- Current First aid and CPR training an asset.
- Must possess a valid class G driver’s license with an acceptable driver’s abstract.
- Strong customer service, organizational and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment with minimal supervision.
The successful candidates are required to obtain an acceptable Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Check at their expense, prior to the beginning of employment.
Hours of work will vary depending on the requirements of the individual facilities. Evening and weekend shifts are required for this position.
Compensation for these positions is $16.48 to $19.06 per hour. Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume (in MS Word or PDF format) in confidence by September 25, 2020 at noon.
APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED BY APPLYING ONLINE. PLEASE CLICK THE "APPLY NOW" BUTTON BELOW.
Note: The City of Orillia is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free environment. Accommodation will be provided in all steps of the hiring process. Please advise the City of Orillia Human Resources Department if you require any accommodations to ensure you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process. We thank all applicants that apply and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act 2001,S.O. 2001, c. 25., and will be used for the purpose of candidate selection. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Freedom of Information Coordinator, City of Orillia, 50 Andrew St. S., Orillia ON L3V 7T5.