|Open Date||Dec 17 2020 - 04:33:00 PM||Close Date||Feb 26 2021 - 12:00:00 PM|
|Position Title||Waterfront Assistant/Supervisor||Posting Type||Recreation|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Casual|
|Department Group||Hours per Week|
|Education||High School||Experience||1 - 2 years|
|Salary Range||$16.52 to $17.03 per hour plus $1.00 per hour contract completion bonus|
The Waterfront Supervisor is required to fulfill all duties such as the seasonal and daily opening and closing of the City of Orillia waterfront, communicate effectively with the Waterfront Director, staff and patrons, supervise, teach and assist swimming lessons, organize and keep records of all incidents that happen on City of Orillia property, assist and participate in pre-season training, participate in weekly in-services, and promote water safety and Community Services programs. It is the duty and responsibility of the Waterfront Supervisor to create a positive public image for the City of Orillia waterfront.
- Assist in the development, implementation and supervision of the following programs: Waterfront supervision, Waterfront Special Event Day(s) and the Water Safety Public Awareness Program (Water Smart Day).
- Supervise and evaluate all staff responsible for carrying out the programs previously mentioned.
- To maintain the quality of supervision over the waterfront locations and to ensure the safety of patrons during supervised hours.
- Responsible for the supervision of a comprehensive in-service training program.
- Responsible for inventory, distribution and retrieval of aquatic equipment and supplies as necessary.
- Aid in the planning and development of special events as requested.
- Complete and maintain accurate records of program statistics as required by the Community Services Department.
- Assist in the on-going promotion of all aquatic programs.
- Liaise with emergency service (police, fire, public health, public works) as necessary throughout the summer.
- Provide supervision to aquatic staff during regular program hours at the waterfronts.
- Responsible for the final check of all safety equipment and locations to ensure safety and program efficiency.
- The applicant will have previous experience in a supervisory capacity in an aquatic setting.
- The applicant will provide verification of the following current awards, must be originals.
- National Lifeguard Service Award (Waterfront).
- Life Saving Society Instructor and Swim Instructor Certifcations required.
- CPR Level C and Standard First Aid Certification requiored.
- High Five - PHCD.
- Examiner and any other advanced awards are an asset.
- The applicant will have extensive experience in guarding and instructing.
- Previous experience with several different aquatic programs would be an asset.
- Supervisors have a minimum of 250 hours of waterfront lifeguarding experience.
Work hours vary up to 40 hours per week and may include evening and weekend shifts. The successful candidate will be required to obtain an acceptable and current Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Check at their own expense prior to the employment commencement date.
Compensation for this position is $16.52 to $ 17.03 per hour plus a $1.00 per hour contract completion bonus. Interested applicants are invited to submit an application by January 29, 2021 at noon.
APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED BY APPLYING ONLINE. PLEASE CLICK THE “APPLY NOW” BUTTON BELOW
Note: The City of Orillia is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free environment. Accommodation will be provided in all steps of the hiring process. Please advise the City of Orillia Human Resources Department if you require any accommodations to ensure you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process. We thank all applicants that apply and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act 2001,S.O. 2001, c. 25., and will be used for the purpose of candidate selection. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Freedom of Information Coordinator, City of Orillia, 50 Andrew St. S., Orillia ON L3V 7T5.