Trades 1 Operator
|Open Date||Jun 16 2021 - 09:34:00 AM||Close Date||Ongoing|
|Position Title||Trades 1 Operator||Posting Type||Operations|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full Time|
|Department Group||Hours per Week||40 hours per week|
|Department||Environment and Infrastructure Services||Openings||Ongoing|
|Education||Grade 12 Education or Equivalent||Experience||2 years|
|Salary Range||$23.73 to $29.15|
The City of Orillia has an opening for five full-time positions of Trades 1 Operator in the Environment and Infrastructure Services Department.
- Operate various heavy machinery, power equipment and tools to maintain and improve City infrastructure including roads, sidewalks, boulevards, designated parking lots, signs, ditches, storm sewers, tree inventory and related public property.
- Conduct all requirements of winter control operations within the Roads and Storm division for the winter control designated season.
- Work in accordance of all City policies, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Ministry of the Environment and Ministry of Labour guidelines.
- Responsible for completing various logs, forms and other administrative information and documentation including but not limited to daily vehicle and equipment inspections/log sheets, hours of service logs, and time records.
- Participate in shift work and on-call / standby rotation duties for roads and storm functions (30 minute response for on-call/standby duties) as required.
- Immediately respond to requests for snow removal, storm clean-up, localized flooding and other urgent activities, as required.
- Minimum Grade 12 Secondary School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum two years’ experience with heavy equipment operation.
- A valid Ontario Class ‘DZ’ driver’s licence with an acceptable driver’s abstract.
- Current Basic First-Aid/CPR certification an asset.
- Ability to work as a team player with excellent communication skills.
- Strong public relation skills in order to deal with the public in a professional manner at all times.
- The successful candidate is required to obtain an acceptable Criminal Record Check at the incumbent’s expense, prior to the employment commencement date.
Compensation for this position is $23.73 to $29.15 per hour for a maximum of 40 hours per week, plus a comprehensive benefit package.
APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED BY APPLYING ONLINE. PLEASE CLICK THE "APPLY NOW" BUTTON BELOW.
Note: The City of Orillia is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free environment. Accommodation will be provided in all steps of the hiring process. Please advise the City of Orillia Human Resources Department if you require any accommodations to ensure you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process. We thank all applicants that apply and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act 2001,S.O. 2001, c. 25., and will be used for the purpose of candidate selection. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Freedom of Information Coordinator, City of Orillia, 50 Andrew St. S., Orillia ON L3V 7T5