Aquatic Leadership Trainer (Fall 2021)
|Open Date||Apr 07 2021 - 04:30:00 PM||Close Date||Jun 18 2021 - 12:00:00 PM|
|Position Title||Aquatic Leadership Trainer (Fall 2021)||Posting Type||All|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Casual|
|Department Group||Recreation and Youth Services||Hours per Week|
|Education||Grade 12 Education or Equivalent||Company||City of Orillia|
Trainers are responsible for planning, organizing and implementing a high quality course according to the certifying agency’s expectations and evaluation criteria that is stimulating and enjoyable for all participants. Responsible for the safety and wellbeing of registered participants at all times.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, organize and deliver high quality safe and stimulating leadership course for all participants.
- Provide a high level of front line customer service including greeting and engaging participants.
- Communicate with participants in regards to lesson opportunities and accident prevention.
- Control and communicate safety issues/concerns pertaining to the safe operation of an aquatic facility.
- Maintain complete vigilance while on duty and be ready to respond to any emergency situation.
- Complete administrative duties in a timely manner (eg. attendance, incident/accident reports, course documentation).
- Maintain a safe and tidy program space ensuring equipment is set-up and stored appropriately.
- Report all concerns, accidents and incidents to immediate supervisor and take appropriate action.
- Maintain an understanding of department programs and services.
- Understand, adhere to, and enforce Corporate Policies & Procedures, Confidentiality Guidelines, Emergency Procedures and Health and Safety Standards for all participants and staff.
- Attend meetings/training as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
POSITION EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Current qualifications to teach/examine course being taught.
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills.
- Standard First Aid with CPR –C (dated within 2 years).
- Criminal reference with vulnerable sectors check.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Previous leadership experience working with children.
- Reliable with a positive, responsible attitude.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Some work is conducted in recreational arenas, gymnasiums and sports fields where normal office equipment may not be available and improvisation may be required. Will be required to work weekends, long hours as well as abnormal hours.
- May be required to work in conditions that may result in being exposed to wet, cold and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Work activities will require a level of strength, physical fitness and flexibility.
- May be required to lift or bend when cleaning as well as setting up or taking down program equipment.
|Wage||POSITION||COURSES TO TEACH|
|$18.03-$18.99||Aquatic Leadership Trainer 1||Bronze Medallion
Emergency First Aid
|$19.58-$21.16||Aquatic Leadership Trainer 2||Bronze Cross
Standard First Aid
|$25.00-$25.40||Aquatic Leadership Trainer 3||National Lifeguard Pool
National Lifeguard Waterfront
Aquatic Supervisor Training
Aquatic Management Training
|$30.00-$30.40||Aquatic Leadership Trainer 4||Assistant Instructor
Lifesaving Society Swim Instructor
Lifesaving Society Instructors
Swim Instructor Update
|$33.65-$34.06||Aquatic Leadership Trainer 5||Standard First Aid Instructors
National Lifeguard Instructors
Aquatic Supervisor Trainer
Sport Official Instructor
Pool Operator Instructor
|$38.46-$48.08||Aquatic Leadership Trainer 6||LSS IT Course
Aquatic Safety Inspector
Aquatic Safety Auditor
We thank all applicants that apply and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted. The City of Orillia is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free environment. Accommodation will be provided in all steps of the hiring process. Please advise the City of Orillia Human Resources Department if you require any accommodations to ensure you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection and Privacy Act, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act 2001, S.O. 2001, c. 25, and will be used for the purpose of candidate selection. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Freedom of Information Coordinator, 50 Andrew St. S., Suite 300, Orillia ON L3V 7T5 or call 705-325-1311.