Supervisor of Roads, Source and Storm
|Open Date||Oct 15 2020 - 04:05:00 PM||Close Date||Nov 03 2020 - 12:00:00 PM|
|Position Title||Supervisor of Roads, Source and Storm||Posting Type||Operations|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full Time|
|Department Group||Hours per Week|
|Department||Environment and Infrastructure Services||Openings||1|
|Education||College||Experience||3 - 5 years|
|Salary Range||$78,835 to $92,226|
The City of Orillia has an opening for a full-time position of Supervisor of Roads, Source and Storm in the Environment and Infrastructure Services Department.
- Supervise division staff including assigning work schedules, participation in hiring, staff training, development, performance management/reviews, coaching/mentoring, health and safety, collective agreement administration, discipline, grievance response and termination recommendations.
- Assist in the establishment of departmental goals, objectives, plans, policies and budgets; develop, recommend and administer procedures, programs, systems and standards.
- Provides leadership in enabling strategic changes, creates policies and procedures, and ensure implementation of best practices.
- Assist the Manager of Source Protection and Operations in ensuring compliance with the South Georgian Bay Lake Simcoe Source Protection Plan and the Clean Water Act.
- Assist in the review and provision of Entrance Permits, Road Occupancy Permits, Culvert Installation and Lowering Permits, and Curb Cut Permits.
- Coordinate activities with the Supervisor of Field Operations on road and storm related programs.
- Ensure proper documentation of all daily staff operations including work activities, equipment and material usage, etc.
- Continual improvement through auditing work practices and implementing service efficiencies and municipal best practices.
- Prepare draft tender specifications for capital and operating projects and contracts.
- Collect all necessary information for insurance claims and ensure proper retention of associated records.
- Compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), Ministry of Labour (MOL), Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks (MECP), Clean Water Act (CWA) and other legislative requirements.
- Participate as a member of the Joint Health and Safety and Labour Management Committees.
- College diploma in Civil Engineering Technologist, Environmental Technologist, Business, Public Administration or related field.
- Three to five years’ experience supervising employees in a unionized environment.
- Professional designation as a Certified Road Supervisor – Intermediate (CRS-I) with the Association of Ontario Road Supervisors an asset.
- Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks Risk Management Official / Risk Management Inspector certification an asset.
- Experience in setting strategic direction and managing change initiatives to create efficiencies.
- Experience in coordination of work crews, work assignments and managing in a unionized environment an asset.
- Computer skills using MS Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and the Internet. Knowledge of GIS applications an asset.
- Excellent communication, organizational, analytical, judgment and time management, skills.
- Must possess a valid Class ‘G’ Ontario driver’s licence with an acceptable driver’s abstract.
- Provide an acceptable Criminal Record Check at the incumbent’s expense.
Compensation for this position is $78,835 to $92,226, plus a comprehensive benefits package. Applications will be accepted until November 3, 2020 at noon.
APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED BY APPLYING ONLINE. PLEASE CLICK THE "APPLY NOW" BUTTON BELOW.
We thank all applicants that apply and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted. The City of Orillia is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free environment. Accommodation will be provided in all steps of the hiring process. Please advise the City of Orillia Human Resources Department if you require any accommodations to ensure you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection and Privacy Act, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act 2001, S.O. 2001, c. 25, and will be used for the purpose of candidate selection. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Freedom of Information Coordinator, 50 Andrew St. S., Suite 300, Orillia ON L3V 7T5 or call 705-325-1311.