Summer Clerical Student
|Open Date||Apr 27 2021 - 07:05:00 AM||Close Date||May 12 2021 - 12:00:00 PM|
|Position Title||Summer Clerical Student||Posting Type||Administration|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Casual|
|Department Group||Hours per Week||35 hours per week|
|Department||Environment and Infrastructure Services||Openings||1|
|Education||Currently enrolled in a Post-Secondary Program||Company||City of Orillia|
|Salary Range||$14.68 per hour|
The Corporation of the City of Orillia has an opening for a Summer Clerical Student in the Environment and Infrastructure Services Department.
- Provide superior customer service by responding to general inquiries by telephone, email or at the front counter.
- Filing duties in accordance with The Ontario Municipal Records Management System (TOMRMS).
- Data entry using MS Word and Excel.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Currently enrolled in and returning to a post-secondary institution in the fall; business administration or related field an asset.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to deal with the public in a professional manner.
- Works well independently and in a team setting.
- Proven computer skills using MS Office Suite, with excellent typing skills (50 w.p.m.).
- Knowledge of Great Plains Software would be beneficial.
- An acceptable Criminal Record Check is required for this position prior to the employment commencement date, at the incumbent’s expense.
This is a contract position from June, 2021 to August, 2021. Compensation for this position is $14.68 per hour for 35 hours per week. Applications will be accepted until May 12, 2021 at noon.
APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED BY APPLYING ONLINE. PLEASE SELECT THE “APPLY NOW” BUTTON BELOW.
Note: The City of Orillia is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free environment. Accommodation will be provided in all steps of the hiring process. Please advise the City of Orillia Human Resources Department if you require any accommodations to ensure you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process. We thank all applicants that apply and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act 2001,S.O. 2001, c. 25., and will be used for the purpose of candidate selection. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Freedom of Information Coordinator, City of Orillia, 50 Andrew St. S., Orillia ON L3V 7T5.