Waterfront Lifeguard/Swim Instructor
|Open Date||Dec 16 2020 - 08:00:00 AM||Close Date||Feb 26 2021 - 12:00:00 PM|
|Position Title||Waterfront Lifeguard/Swim Instructor||Posting Type||Recreation|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full Time Temporary|
|Department Group||Hours per Week|
|Education||High School||Company||City of Orillia|
|Salary Range||$16.26 plus $1.00 per hour contract completion bonus|
The Waterfront Lifeguard to assist in providing a safe and enjoyable waterfront setting. The Waterfront Lifeguard is required to fulfill all duties such as the seasonal and daily opening and closing of the City of Orillia waterfront, communicate effectively with the waterfront staff and patrons, teach and assist swimming lessons, organize and keep records of all incidents that happen on City of Orillia property, participate in pre-season training, participate in weekly in-services, and promote water safety. It is the duty and responsibility of the Waterfront Lifeguard to create a positive public image for the City of Orillia waterfront.
- To be ready for duty fifteen minutes before the start of every shift; ensure that all lifesaving equipment is set out, checked and then put away each day. Report any equipment deficiencies to Waterfront Supervisor.
- To supervise the waterfront locations and ensure the safety of patrons during supervised hours.
- To implement proper rescue and emergency procedures for those in difficulty, danger, or injured.
- To assist in the maintenance of a clean, safe beach and swimming area; and other facilities as deemed necessary.
- To abide by all aquatic policies and guarding procedures as set down by the Waterfront Director and Parks & Recreation.
- Attendance at all pre-season in-service/ training is mandatory!
- To complete other duties, as assigned, particularly in the event of a beach closure/posting.
- To remain on duty until relieved by another qualified lifeguard/instructor.
- To fill in shifts of co-workers in case of absenteeism.
- Must not miss more than one class per session.
- The applicant will provide verification of the following current awards, must be originals.
- National Lifeguard Service Award (Waterfront preferred).
- Lifesaving Society Instructor and Swim Instructor certification required.
- CPR Level C and Standard First Aid Certification required.
- High Five – PHCD.
- Examiner and any other advanced awards are an asset.
Work hours vary up to 40 hours per week and will include evening and weekend shifts. The successful candidate will be required to obtain an acceptable and current Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Check at their own expense prior to the employment commencement date.
Compensation for this position is $16.26 per hour plus a $1.00 per hour contract completion bonus. Interested applicants are invited to submit an application by January 29, 2021 at noon.
APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED BY APPLYING ONLINE. PLEASE CLICK THE “APPLY NOW” BUTTON BELOW
Note: The City of Orillia is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free environment. Accommodation will be provided in all steps of the hiring process. Please advise the City of Orillia Human Resources Department if you require any accommodations to ensure you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process. We thank all applicants that apply and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act 2001,S.O. 2001, c. 25., and will be used for the purpose of candidate selection. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Freedom of Information Coordinator, City of Orillia, 50 Andrew St. S., Orillia ON L3V 7T5.