COVID-19 Screening Staff (Part-time)
|Open Date||Aug 18 2021 - 02:37:00 PM||Close Date||Ongoing|
|Position Title||COVID-19 Screening Staff (Part-time)||Posting Type||Recreation|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Part Time Temporary|
|Department Group||Recreation & Youth Services Division||Hours per Week||Up to 24 hours per week|
|Education||High School||Company||City of Orillia|
|Salary Range||$14.25 per hour|
Reporting to the Recreation Policy & Permitting Supervisor, the Corporation of the City of Orillia has various openings for COVID-19 Screening Staff in the Recreation & Youth Services Division of the Corporate Services Department.
- Conduct active screening for patrons entering City of Orillia recreational facilities, including asking about COVID-19 symptoms as well as exposure risks.
- Inform patrons entering facilities that mask/face coverings are mandatory in common areas.
- Deny entry into a City of Orillia facility for those who do not pass the screening or are without a mask/face covering, unless a medical reason is provided.
- Respond to customer inquiries/concerns and provide information regarding programs and services.
- Assist with administrative duties as related to the work location.
- Inspect and clean equipment daily to ensure cleanliness.
- Understand, adhere to, and enforce Corporate Policies & Procedures, Confidentiality Guidelines, Emergency Procedures and Health and Safety Standards for all participants and staff.
- Attend meetings/training as required.
- Minimum 16 years of age.
- Exceptional customer service skills and ability to deal with difficult situations.
- Detail orientated and high degree of initiative.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Reliable with a positive, responsible attitude.
- An acceptable Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Check is required for this position at the incumbent’s expense.
Compensation for this position is $14.25 per hour for up to 24 hours per week, which will include days, evenings and weekends.
APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED BY APPLYING ONLINE. PLEASE CLICK THE “APPLY NOW” BUTTON BELOW.
We thank all applicants that apply and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted. The City of Orillia is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free environment. Accommodation will be provided in all steps of the hiring process. Please advise the City of Orillia Human Resources Department if you require any accommodations to ensure you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection and Privacy Act, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act 2001, S.O. 2001, c. 25, and will be used for the purpose of candidate selection. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Freedom of Information Coordinator, 50 Andrew St. S., Suite 300, Orillia ON L3V 7T5 or call 705-325-1311.