Project Official III - Water/Wastewater
|Open Date||Apr 07 2021 - 07:42:00 AM||Close Date||Apr 23 2021 - 12:00:00 PM|
|Position Title||Project Official III - Water/Wastewater||Posting Type||Operations|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full Time|
|Department Group||Hours per Week||35 hours per week|
|Department||Development Services & Engineering||Openings||1|
|Salary Range||$26.30 to $31.38 per hour|
The Corporation of the City of Orillia has an opening for a full-time Project Official III – Water/Wastewater in the Development Services and Engineering Department.
- Preparation of plans, drafting/design and calculations as per City standards and policies for various water, wastewater and stormwater projects.
- Assist with review and processing of project schedules, Change Orders, Payment Certificates and Invoices for capital projects.
- Perform field inspections as Construction Site Inspector.
- Gather field data, perform inspections and confined space entry.
- Liaise and coordinate with other City staff and outside agencies for approvals and coordination.
- Inflow and infiltration activities including sewer flow measurements and inspections.
- Water and sewage system modelling and system capacity calculations and control.
- Prepare water and wastewater ECA applications.
- Engineering Technologist Diploma is required.
- OACETT Certified Engineering Technologist designation an asset.
- Minimum three years’ experience in a municipal engineering and design environment.
- Strong knowledge of AutoCAD Map 3D, AutoCAD Civil 3D design software, water and wastewater modelling software such as WaterCAD and/or HYDRA, Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, e-mail and the internet. Working knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS and CityWide Asset Management software would be beneficial.
- Working knowledge of water and wastewater systems and experience with municipal construction site operations which include performing on-site inspections.
- Knowledge of environmental legislation and Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks policies and guidelines.
- Excellent communication, judgment, time management and organization skills.
- Must possess a valid Class G Ontario drivers’ licence with access to a reliable vehicle.
- The successful candidate is required to obtain a current and acceptable Criminal Record Check at their expense, prior to the employment commencement date.
The start date for this position is May 3, 2021. Compensation is $26.30 to $31.38 per hour (January 2020 rates) pursuant to Class 8 of the IBEW – Clerical and Technical wage schedule, for a 35 hour work week, plus a comprehensive benefits package. Applications will be accepted until April 23, 2021 at noon.
APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED BY APPLYING ONLINE. PLEASE CLICK THE "APPLY NOW" BUTTON BELOW
Note: The City of Orillia is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free environment. Accommodation will be provided in all steps of the hiring process. Please advise the City of Orillia Human Resources Department if you require any accommodations to ensure you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process. We thank all applicants that apply and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act 2001,S.O. 2001, c. 25., and will be used for the purpose of candidate selection. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Freedom of Information Coordinator, City of Orillia, 50 Andrew St. S., Suite 300, Orillia ON L3V 7T5.