Recreation Program Supervisor (Maternity Leave)
|Open Date||Sep 11 2020 - 04:00:00 PM||Close Date||Sep 28 2020 - 12:00:00 PM|
|Position Title||Recreation Program Supervisor (Maternity Leave)||Posting Type||Recreation|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full Time Temporary|
|Department Group||Hours per Week|
|Salary Range||$78,835 to $92,226|
Reporting to the Manager of Recreation Services, the Corporation of the City of Orillia has an opening for a maternity leave contract (approximately 12 months) for the position of Recreation Program Supervisor in the Community Services Department.
- Plan, organize and coordinate a wide variety of recreational and community service programs within the City of Orillia.
- Recruit, hire, train, supervise and evaluate one full-time employee as well as program instructors for community programs and day camp programs.
- Liaise with elected officials, other city departments, external community groups/agencies, and the general public.
- Develop, prepare and monitor the programming budget including revenues and expenditures.
- Oversee the production of seasonal recreational program guides.
- Research and develop alternate revenue generating and/or funding opportunities relative to programs (i.e. grants, partnerships, etc.).
- Bachelor of Arts in Recreation and Leisure Studies or related discipline.
- Minimum two years’ experience in the recreation program field.
- Experience programming within a multi-use recreation facility is an asset.
- Possess current Standard First Aid & CPR Level C and High Five Trainer Status.
- Excellent computer skills and working knowledge of the MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail, and various social media programs.
- Experience with Active Net recreation software an asset.
- Excellent leadership, communication, organization, interpersonal, and management skills.
- Proven ability to work with tight deadlines and multi-task in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Must be available to work irregular hours, including evenings and weekends as required.
- Must possess a valid class ‘G’ Ontario driver’s licence in good standing with access to a reliable vehicle.
- As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to submit an acceptable Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Check, at the incumbent’s expense.
Compensation for this position is Category 6, $78,835 to $92,226 of the salary grid for Exempt Staff.
We thank all applicants that apply and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted. The City of Orillia is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free environment. Accommodation will be provided in all steps of the hiring process. Please advise the City of Orillia Human Resources Department if you require any accommodations to ensure you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection and Privacy Act, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act 2001, S.O. 2001, c. 25, and will be used for the purpose of candidate selection. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Freedom of Information Coordinator, 50 Andrew St. S., Suite 300, Orillia ON L3V 7T5 or call 705-325-1311.