Summer Head Lifeguard/Head Instructor
|Open Date||Dec 16 2020 - 02:34:00 PM||Close Date||Feb 26 2021 - 12:00:00 PM|
|Position Title||Summer Head Lifeguard/Head Instructor||Posting Type||Recreation|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Casual|
|Department Group||Hours per Week|
|Education||Grade 12 Education or Equivalent||Experience||1 - 2 years|
|Salary Range||$18.06 plus $1.00 per hour contract completion bonus|
Plan, organize and implement a high-quality program that is stimulating and enjoyable for all participants. Provide supervision, guidance and coaching to staff and volunteers. Responsible for the safety and wellbeing of all participants.
- Supervise, coach and evaluate casual/part-time staff.
- Assist with promotion of recreation programs.
- Responsible for the final check of all safety equipment and locations to ensure safety and program efficiency.
- Maintain complete vigilance while on duty and be ready to respond to any emergency situation.
- Handle program feedback in a professional manner by providing exceptional customer service.
- Monitor the use of equipment and supplies, conduct inventory counts and re-stock as needed.
- Report all concerns, accidents and incidents to immediate supervisor for follow-up and take appropriate action.
- Understand, adhere to, and enforce Corporate Policies & Procedures, Confidentiality Guidelines, Emergency Procedures and Health and Safety Standards for all participants and staff.
- Attend meetings/training as required.
- Provide support as a Lifeguard / Instructor, when necessary.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Current Lifesaving National Lifeguard Pool Certification required.
- Current LSS Swim instructors, LSS Lifesaving Instructor, and LSS Emergency First Aid Instructor and Standard First Aid with CPR –C (dated within 2 years) is required.
- High Five: Principles in Healthy Child Development.
- Must have a least 2 years’ experience lifeguarding.
- Additional examiner and instructor awards considered an asset
- Exceptional customer service, organizational and oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Previous leadership experience working with children an assert.
Work hours vary up to 40 hours per week and may include evening and weekend shifts. The successful candidate will be required to obtain an acceptable and current Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Check at their own expense prior to the employment commencement date.
Compensation for this position is $18.06 per hour plus a $1.00 per hour contract completion bonus. Interested applicants are invited to submit an application by January 29, 2021 at noon.
APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED BY APPLYING ONLINE. PLEASE CLICK THE “APPLY NOW” BUTTON BELOW
Note: The City of Orillia is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free environment. Accommodation will be provided in all steps of the hiring process. Please advise the City of Orillia Human Resources Department if you require any accommodations to ensure you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process. We thank all applicants that apply and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act 2001,S.O. 2001, c. 25., and will be used for the purpose of candidate selection. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Freedom of Information Coordinator, City of Orillia, 50 Andrew St. S., Orillia ON L3V 7T5.