Cleaning Attendant (Casual Part-time)
|Open Date||Aug 27 2021 - 09:52:45 AM||Close Date||Ongoing|
|Position Title||Cleaning Attendant (Casual Part-time)||Posting Type||Operations|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Casual|
|Department Group||Hours per Week||Hours of work will vary and will include evenings and weekends|
|Department||Environment and Infrastructure Services||Openings||Ongoing|
|Education||High School||Company||City of Orillia|
|Salary Range||$14.25 to $15.29|
The City of Orillia has openings for five (5) casual part-time positions as Cleaning Attendants in the Environment and Infrastructure Services Department.
- Under the direction of the Facilities Sub-Foreman and/or the Full-Time Parks/Facility Operator on duty, provide service to ensure the safe operation of the facility.
- Responsible for completing reports and assisting with all investigations as required.
- Responsible to shovel walkways and exits and salt and sand as required to avoid slips and falls.
- Responsible to report these activities to the Facility Operator so that this information can be recorded in the logbook.
- Responsible for checking, monitoring, cleaning and disinfecting all washrooms and change rooms within the facility.
- Responsible to ensure that the lobby, hallways, entrances, seating areas and multi-purpose rooms are kept swept, mopped and cleared of all debris at all times.
- Responsible for cleaning and disinfecting various touchpoints throughout the facility; including, doorknobs, railings, elevator buttons, countertops, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Previous experience as a cleaner would be an asset.
- Experience operating equipment such as floor scrubbers as well as hand tools, and general cleaning and building maintenance equipment.
- Current First aid and CPR training an asset.
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- The successful candidates are required to obtain an acceptable Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Check at their expense, prior to the commencement of employment.
Compensation for these positions is $14.25 to $15.29 per hour. Hours of work will vary depending on the requirements of the individual facilities. Evening and weekend shifts are required for this position, in addition to irregular shifts.
APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED BY APPLYING ONLINE. PLEASE CLICK THE "APPLY NOW" BUTTON BELOW.
We thank all applicants that apply and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted. The City of Orillia is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free environment. Accommodation will be provided in all steps of the hiring process. Please advise the City of Orillia Human Resources Department if you require any accommodations to ensure you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection and Privacy Act, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act 2001, S.O. 2001, c. 25, and will be used for the purpose of candidate selection. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Freedom of Information Coordinator, 50 Andrew St. S., Suite 300, Orillia ON L3V 7T5 or call 705-325-1311.