Revenue Clerk (Maternity Leave - 18 Month Contract)
|Open Date||Jun 08 2021 - 03:02:00 PM||Close Date||Jun 25 2021 - 12:00:00 PM|
|Position Title||Revenue Clerk (Maternity Leave - 18 Month Contract)||Posting Type||Administration|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full Time Temporary|
|Department Group||Hours per Week||35 hours per week|
|Salary Range||$21.83 to $26.04|
The Corporation of the City of Orillia has an opening for the position of Revenue Clerk (maternity leave temporary employee – approximately 18-month contract) in the Financial Services Division of the Corporate Services Department.
- Responsible for the preparation of residential and commercial water billings, all final bills and set up water accounts as required. Ensure all records are up-to-date. Check various reports to ensure accuracy.
- Prepare and process journal entries, applications for municipal services, and month-end summaries.
- Process property tax clearance certificates. Update property tax records such as address and ownership changes, and adjustments to property tax and water accounts.
- Process letters and adjustments for water collection and/or shut offs.
- Prepare property tax sale letters, process property tax sales and complete maintenance of accounts.
- Prepare final water bills, work orders, record meter readings, process credit listings – make corrections, check inactive listing, process owner agreement for tenant forms, assist with the mailing of water bills, past due notices and final notices.
- Maintain adjustments to accounts, local improvement ledgers, calculate payouts, adjust property tax accounts as well as balance general ledger accounts and journal entries.
- Process Assessment Review Board decisions and minutes of settlement, as well as assist with the preparation and process of interim, final, and supplementary property tax billings.
- Handle customer inquiries by phone, counter, or correspondence.
- Process miscellaneous payments at the counter.
- Two-year community college diploma in accounting or business required.
- Financial background necessary with a minimum of one year working experience.
- Excellent judgment, initiative, and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with the public and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Working knowledge of water reading/billing systems an asset.
- Strong computer skills with accounting software applications (preferably Great Plains), as well as MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, and E-mail.
- The successful candidate is required to provide a current and acceptable Criminal Record Check at their expense, prior to the employment commencement date.
Compensation for this position is Class 6, $21.83 to $26.04 per hour (2020 rates) of the IBEW – Clerical and Technical wage schedule for a 35 hour work week. Applications will be accepted until June 25, 2021 at noon.
We thank all applicants that apply and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted. The City of Orillia is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free environment. Accommodation will be provided in all steps of the hiring process. Please advise the City of Orillia Human Resources Department if you require any accommodations to ensure you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection and Privacy Act, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act 2001, S.O. 2001, c. 25, and will be used for the purpose of candidate selection. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Freedom of Information Coordinator, 50 Andrew St. S., Suite 300, Orillia ON L3V 7T5 or call 705-325-1311.