|Open Date||Jul 09 2021 - 08:30:00 AM||Close Date||Ongoing|
|Position Title||Program Instructor||Posting Type||Recreation|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Part Time|
|Department Group||Hours per Week|
|Education||High School||Company||City of Orillia|
|Salary Range||$16.35 per hour|
The City of Orillia is looking for a qualified Program Instructor to teach a variety of registered programs and provide supervision of drop-in programs at the Orillia Recreation Centre in the Recreation and Youth Services Division of the Corporate Services Department.
- Instructing participants 6 months to 6 years of age in our “Learn to” preschool programs at all levels including Parent and Tot, Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced classes, and overseeing drop-in Preschool programs.
- Responsible for enforcing rules and regulations.
- Responsible for effectively overseeing participants with an emphasis on the safety of the patrons while promoting leisure.
- Perform general cleaning and maintenance.
- Provide first aid, and other duties as required.
- Experience instructing or teaching is considered an asset.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR.
- High Five Principles of Healthy Child Development.
- Instructors must be confident working with both parent and child and have the ability to program to a variety of developmental needs and stages.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Applicants must be able to pass a skill assessment which will include demonstrating the skills they will be required to teach.
The successful candidates are required to obtain an acceptable Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Check at their expense, prior to the beginning of employment.
Hours of work will vary depending on the requirements of the individual programs. Evening and weekend shifts may be required for this position. Compensation for this position is $16.35 per hour, with a start date of August 23, 2021. Applications will be accepted until July 30th, 2021 at noon.
APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED BY APPLYING ONLINE. PLEASE CLICK THE "APPLY NOW" BUTTON BELOW.
We thank all applicants that apply and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted. The City of Orillia is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free environment. Accommodation will be provided in all steps of the hiring process. Please advise the City of Orillia Human Resources Department if you require any accommodations to ensure you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection and Privacy Act, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act 2001, S.O. 2001, c. 25, and will be used for the purpose of candidate selection. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Freedom of Information Coordinator, 50 Andrew St. S., Suite 300, Orillia ON L3V 7T5 or call 705-325-1311.