Park/Facility Operator (Seasonal)
|Open Date||Apr 01 2021 - 03:49:00 PM||Close Date||Apr 20 2021 - 12:00:00 PM|
|Position Title||Park/Facility Operator (Seasonal)||Posting Type||Operations|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full Time Temporary|
|Department Group||Hours per Week||40 hours per week|
|Department||Environment and Infrastructure Services||Openings||1|
|Education||High School||Company||City of Orillia|
|Salary Range||$20.36 to $26.09|
The Corporation of the City of Orillia has an opening for a temporary position of Park/Facility Operator (Evening/Weekend Shift) in the Community Services Division of the Environment and Infrastructure Services Department from approximately April to October or the return of the incumbent.
DUTIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The criterion identified below is not mandatory for job applicants but rather identifies skills and abilities that an “ideal candidate” would possess:
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience as an arena operator and/or park worker.
- Certified Ice Technician (CIT) designation is an asset.
- Basic Refrigeration is required.
- Perform maintenance, general caretaking and other facility operational duties to ensure the safe operation of arenas and park facilities.
- Experience operating equipment such as trucks, mowers, ice resurfacer, etc.
- Experience operating power tools and hand tools.
- Experience in cleaning and building maintenance.
- Current First aid and CPR training.
- A valid class G driver’s licence with a clean abstract.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Strong customer service, organizational and decision making skills.
- Proven ability to work independently or as a member of a team.
- Strong physical dexterity.
- Special skills with flowers, horticulture, arboriculture, turf maintenance, sport field maintenance, or swimming pool operator would also be advantageous.
The successful candidate must participate in courses sponsored by the Department related to acquiring specialized certification or skills. Appropriate certification/skills will be mandatory once hired.
Compensation for this position is $20.36 to $26.09 per hour (2020 rates) pursuant to the IBEW – Community Services wage schedule for a 40-hour work week. Interested applicants are invited to submit their application by April 20, 2021 at noon.
APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED BY APPLYING ONLINE. PLEASE CLICK THE "APPLY NOW" BUTTON BELOW.
Note: The City of Orillia is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free environment. Accommodation will be provided in all steps of the hiring process. Please advise the City of Orillia Human Resources Department if you require any accommodations to ensure you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process. We thank all applicants that apply and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act 2001,S.O. 2001, c. 25., and will be used for the purpose of candidate selection. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Freedom of Information Coordinator, City of Orillia, 50 Andrew St. S., Suite 300, Orillia ON L3V 7T5.