|Open Date||May 03 2021 - 12:12:00 PM||Close Date||May 21 2021 - 12:00:00 PM|
|Position Title||Labourer||Posting Type||Operations|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full Time|
|Department Group||Hours per Week||40 hours per week|
|Department||Environment and Infrastructure Services||Openings||1|
|Education||College||Company||City of Orillia|
|Salary Range||$19.05 to $22.89 per hour|
The Corporation of the City of Orillia has an opening for the position of Labourer in the Environment and Infrastructure Services Department.
- Assist with the operation and maintenance at the Water Filtration Plant, the Wastewater Treatment Centre, and pump stations.
- Assist with the cleaning and maintaining of operating equipment and facilities including heavy lifting, shoveling, snowplowing, grass cutting and various maintenance duties.
- Work in accordance to City policies and applicable legislation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent required.
- Operator-In-Training Certificates/Licenses for Water Treatment, Wastewater Treatment, Wastewater Collection, and Water Distribution and Supply required.
- Entry Level Drinking Water Certificate is an asset.
- First aid, confined space and WHMIS training an asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Possess a valid class ‘DZ’ Ontario driver’s licence (or willing to obtain within six months) with an acceptable driver’s abstract.
- An acceptable Criminal Record Check is required for this position at the incumbent’s expense prior to the employment commencement date.
Compensation for this position is $19.05 to $22.89 per hour pursuant to the wage schedule for IBEW – Environment and Infrastructure Services employees, for a 40-hour work week plus a comprehensive benefits package. Applications will be accepted until May 21, 2021 at noon.
APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED BY APPLYING ONLINE. PLEASE SELECT THE "APPLY NOW" BUTTON BELOW.
Note: The City of Orillia is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free environment. Accommodation will be provided in all steps of the hiring process. Please advise the City of Orillia Human Resources Department if you require any accommodations to ensure you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process. We thank all applicants that apply and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act 2001,S.O. 2001, c. 25., and will be used for the purpose of candidate selection. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Freedom of Information Coordinator, City of Orillia, 50 Andrew St. S., Orillia ON L3V 7T5.