Recreation Coordinator – Sport and Senior
|Open Date||Sep 11 2020 - 04:00:00 PM||Close Date||Sep 28 2020 - 12:00:00 PM|
|Position Title||Recreation Coordinator – Sport and Senior||Posting Type||Recreation|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full Time|
|Department Group||Hours per Week|
|Salary Range||$63,905 to $74,760|
Reporting to the Recreation Program Supervisor, the Corporation of the City of Orillia has an opening for a full-time position of Recreation Coordinator – Sport and Senior in the Community Services Department.
- Assist in the supervision and recruitment of numerous tournaments and special events that are local, provincial, national and international in scope.
- Recruit, select, train, schedule and supervise part-time staff and volunteers required for the successful operation of programs, special events, sports tournaments and leagues including ‘Seniors At Play’.
- Prepare and manage annual operating budget for the sport programming area, individual events, tournaments, leagues and ensure projected revenues and expenses are met.
- Prepare and consult on proposals for funding (grants and sponsorship) for seniors programs and athletic programs and tournaments.
- Successful operation and establishment of sports leagues and tournaments such as hockey, softball, soccer etc.
- Plan, organize, implement, direct, evaluate and promote recreational programs and activities for seniors.
- Responsible for video scoreboard operation and scheduling of program for sports programs, tournaments and user groups.
- Liaise between user groups, potential sport organizations, and various sport delivery partners to assist in the start-up of new and innovative sports within the City of Orillia.
- Solicit sponsorship for and coordinate Skate Patrollers, public skating schedule, special event skates, drop-in sports programming and sports league programming.
- Two or three year diploma in Recreation & Leisure, Sports Administration or related field, Special Events Planning Program is an asset.
- Minimum two years’ experience in a recreation or sport management field. Municipal experience an asset.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and project management skills with demonstrated ability to multi-task and set priorities with tight deadlines and meet/exceed high client expectations.
- Excellent computer skills using MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, Desktop Publishing/Graphic Design including InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, e-mail, the internet and various social network media programs.
- Experience with Active Net recreation software an asset.
- Possess a valid class ‘G’ Ontario driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle.
- Must be available to work irregular hours, including evenings and weekends as required.
- An acceptable Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Check is required for this position prior to the employment commencement date at the incumbent’s expense.
Compensation for this position is Category 4, $63,905 to $74,760 of the salary grid for Exempt Staff plus a comprehensive benefits package.
APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED BY APPLYING ONLINE. PLEASE CLICK THE "APPLY NOW" BUTTON BELOW.
Note: The City of Orillia is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free environment. Accommodation will be provided in all steps of the hiring process. Please advise the City of Orillia Human Resources Department if you require any accommodations to ensure you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process. We thank all applicants that apply and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act 2001,S.O. 2001, c. 25., and will be used for the purpose of candidate selection. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Freedom of Information Coordinator, City of Orillia, 50 Andrew St. S., Orillia ON L3V 7T5