|Open Date||Dec 17 2020 - 05:02:00 PM||Close Date||Feb 26 2021 - 12:00:00 PM|
|Position Title||Summer Coordinator||Posting Type||All|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Casual|
|Department Group||Hours per Week|
|Education||High School||Experience||2 - 4 years|
|Salary Range||$18.06 plus $1.00 per hour contract completion bonus|
The Corporation of the City of Orillia has an opening for a summer contract position of Summer Program Coordinator in the Community Services Department.
- Responsible for creating, developing and implementing the summer programs including all day camp administration.
- Facilitates with the pre-planning and prep work regarding camp including but not limited to: structure of day, recruitment/enrollment of students, applications, planning excursions etc.
- Assists with identifying and the interview process of hiring of day camp supervisors and counsellors.
- Supervision, training and coordinator of all summer program staff.
- Assess and evaluate the summer day camp program.
- Oversee and evaluate the Day camp counsellor staff team.
- Monitor facility accommodations as per activity and safety needs.
- Maintain regular communication with parents/caregivers of participants during program duration.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Deal with and respond to emergency situations.
- Must attend all staff meeting and training sessions as scheduled.
- Minimum two years’ experience working with children, preferably in a day camp/recreation environment.
- Behavioural Management System (BMS) Certification from an accredited association, organization and/or institution is an asset.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and judgment skills with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR-C is required.
- High Five PHCD.
- Quest 2 and other related certifications are considered an asset.
Work hours vary up to 40 hours per week and may include evening and weekend shifts. The successful candidate will be required to obtain an acceptable and current Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Check at their own expense prior to the employment commencement date.
Compensation for this position is $18.06 per hour plus a $1.00 per hour contract completion bonus. Interested applicants are invited to submit an application by January 29, 2021 at noon.
APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED BY APPLYING ONLINE. PLEASE CLICK THE “APPLY NOW” BUTTON BELOW
Note: The City of Orillia is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free environment. Accommodation will be provided in all steps of the hiring process. Please advise the City of Orillia Human Resources Department if you require any accommodations to ensure you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process. We thank all applicants that apply and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act 2001,S.O. 2001, c. 25., and will be used for the purpose of candidate selection. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Freedom of Information Coordinator, City of Orillia, 50 Andrew St. S., Orillia ON L3V 7T5.