2021 Summer Facility Operators (Contract)
|Open Date||Mar 29 2021 - 12:04:00 PM||Close Date||Apr 16 2021 - 04:00:00 PM|
|Position Title||2021 Summer Facility Operators (Contract)||Posting Type||Operations|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Part Time Temporary|
|Department Group||Hours per Week||24 to 40 hours per week|
|Department||Environment and Infrastructure Services||Openings||4|
|Education||High School||Company||City of Orillia|
|Salary Range||$16.48 to $19.06 per hour|
The Corporation of the City of Orillia has various openings part-time contract positions of Facility Operator in the Environment and Infrastructure Services Department. There are 24 hours/week and 40 hours/week contracts available.
- Perform maintenance, general caretaking and other facility operational duties to ensure the safe operation of arenas, pools, gymnasiums and other recreational facilities.
- Facility operation including communicating with user groups, function set-up and dismantling, and rental supervision.
- Daily maintenance and janitorial requirements of the building’s interior and exterior.
- Daily washroom and parks outbuilding cleaning and maintenance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Refrigeration Certificate and/or a Certified Pool Operators (CPO) Certificate is an asset.
- Strong customer service, organizational and decision-making skills.
- Proven ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Must possess a valid Full Class ‘G’ Ontario driver’s license with an acceptable driver’s abstract.
- Experience operating equipment such as trucks, floor scrubbers, power tools, hand tools, cleaning and building maintenance tools.
- Previous experience as a facility operator, with janitorial experience would be an asset.
Shifts and hours of work vary weekly. All positions will include evening and weekend shifts. An acceptable Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Check is required prior to the contract commencement date, at the candidate’s expense.
Compensation for this position is $16.48 to $19.06 per hour. Interested applicants are invited to submit their application by April 16, 2021 at 4:00 p.m.
APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED BY APPLYING ONLINE. PLEASE CLICK THE "APPLY NOW" BUTTON BELOW.
We thank all applicants that apply and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted. The City of Orillia is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free environment. Accommodation will be provided in all steps of the hiring process. Please advise the City of Orillia Human Resources Department if you require any accommodations to ensure you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection and Privacy Act, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act 2001, S.O. 2001, c. 25, and will be used for the purpose of candidate selection. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Freedom of Information Coordinator, 50 Andrew St. S., Suite 300, Orillia ON L3V 7T5 or call 705-325-1311.