Waterfront Parking/Boat Launch Supervisor (Seasonal)
|Open Date||Apr 06 2021 - 02:50:00 PM||Close Date||Apr 23 2021 - 12:00:00 PM|
|Position Title||Waterfront Parking/Boat Launch Supervisor (Seasonal)||Posting Type||Operations|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Casual|
|Department Group||Hours per Week||40 hours per week|
|Department||Development Services & Engineering||Openings||1|
|Education||College||Company||City of Orillia|
|Salary Range||$37.77 to $44.19 per hour|
The Corporation of the City of Orillia has an opening for the seasonal position of Waterfront Parking/Boat Launch Supervisor in the Development Services and Engineering Department.
- Determine an appropriate program to encompass all areas pertaining to the waterfront parking and boat launch requirements.
- Respond to inquiries, handle and resolve complaints and liaise with the public in a courteous and efficient manner to promote a high standard of public relations at all times.
- Determine, develop and implement a recruitment strategy for part-time employees required to ensure effective operation of the program.
- Liaise with elected officials and other City departments to provide updates and determine direction if required.
- Understand, adhere to, and enforce corporate policies, procedures and health and safety requirements for staff.
- Prepare purchase requisitions in accordance with the City’s purchasing policy.
- Balance and verify daily revenue totals, complete administrative paperwork and reports as required.
- Post-secondary degree in business, project management or other related discipline.
- Previous experience in a legal/law enforcement area are preferred.
- Excellent leadership, judgment, communication, organization, interpersonal, and time management skills.
- Excellent computer skills and working knowledge of MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, recreation software, e-mail and the internet and various social media programs.
- Possess an Ontario class ‘G’ Ontario driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle.
- An acceptable Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Check (CRC/VSC) is required for this position prior to the employment commencement date, at the incumbent’s expense.
Compensation for this position is $37.77 to $44.19 per hour. The hours per week are varied and include evenings, weekends and statutory holidays for 40 hours a week. Applications will be accepted until April 23, 2021 at noon.
APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED BY APPLYING ONLINE. PLEASE CLICK ON THE "APPLY NOW" BUTTON BELOW.
We thank all applicants that apply and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted. The City of Orillia is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free environment. Accommodation will be provided in all steps of the hiring process. Please advise the City of Orillia Human Resources Department if you require any accommodations to ensure you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection and Privacy Act, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act 2001, S.O. 2001, c. 25, and will be used for the purpose of candidate selection. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Freedom of Information Coordinator, 50 Andrew St. S., Suite 300, Orillia ON L3V 7T5 or call 705-325-1311.