Administrative Support - Engineering (Transit)
|Open Date||Jun 03 2021 - 11:14:00 AM||Close Date||Jun 25 2021 - 12:00:00 PM|
|Position Title||Administrative Support - Engineering (Transit)||Posting Type||Administration|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full Time|
|Department Group||Hours per Week||35 hours per week|
|Department||Development Services & Engineering||Openings||1|
|Education||Grade 12 Education or Equivalent||Company||City of Orillia|
|Salary Range||$20.33 – $24.26 per hour|
The Corporation of the City of Orillia has an opening for a full-time position of Administrative Support – Engineering (Transit) in the Development Services and Engineering Department.
- Provide clerical support to the Engineering Division and responsible for front counter reception duties including answering the telephone and responding to general inquiries.
- Maintain the department’s files using SIRE and ensure files are in accordance with the TOMRMS filing system.
- Monitor office supplies inventory, transit tickets, passes and maps and order products as required.
- Contract administration duties that relate to transit such as transit service provider contracts and various RFP’s; post to bidsandtenders and process payment certificates.
- Assist with the day to day operations of the TransitFare system including accepting and replacing lost cards and processing reconciliation/reports for Financial Services.
- Assist with maintaining web pages on the City’s website.
- Manage contract negotiations and renewals with various organizations dealing with transit services, shelters, advertising and special promotions.
- Investigate transit funding programs offered by federal and provincial governments.
- Coordinate transit coin collection, deposits and invoicing with bus contractor, Financial Services and Brinks Canada.
- Process radio licenses for transit vehicles.
- Input information pertaining to transit, equipment and budget data into excel spreadsheets, and compile yearly statistical reports.
- Input job-costing for employee timesheets using Great Plains.
- Process purchase orders and obtain quotes from vendors.
- Record and process invoices and deposit weekly and monthly fares for OWLS.
- Coordinate public notices for transit detours, road closures, temporary construction, and weather road conditions with radio, newspaper and on-bus notices.
- Input information pertaining to parking coin collection as well as tracking complaints and maintaining lot leases.
- Minimum Grade 12 or equivalent required. Post-secondary education in Business Administration or related field an asset.
- Previous customer service experience with the ability to communicate with the public in a professional manner.
- Working knowledge of TOMRMS and SIRE filing system an asset.
- Previous experience in a municipal, construction or engineering environment an asset.
- Excellent organizational, communication, interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment and multi-task.
- Excellent computer skills using MS Office Suite including Outlook, Excel, Word, and MS Great Plains Dynamics.
- Possess a valid class ‘G’ Ontario driver’s licence with access to a reliable vehicle.
- The successful candidate will be required to obtain an acceptable Criminal Record Check at their expense, prior to the employment commencement date.
This position provides the flexibility to work from home. Must have a high-speed internet connection and a proper workstation at a home location to enable remote work.
Compensation for this position is $20.33 – $24.26 per hour (January, 2020 rates) for a 35 hour work week plus a comprehensive benefits package. Applications will be accepted until June 25, 2021 at 12:00 p.m.
APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED BY APPLYING ONLINE. PLEASE CLICK THE "APPLY NOW" BUTTON BELOW.
We thank all applicants that apply and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted. The City of Orillia is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free environment. Accommodation will be provided in all steps of the hiring process. Please advise the City of Orillia Human Resources Department if you require any accommodations to ensure you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection and Privacy Act, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act 2001, S.O. 2001, c. 25, and will be used for the purpose of candidate selection. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Freedom of Information Coordinator, 50 Andrew St. S., Suite 300, Orillia ON L3V 7T5 or call 705-325-1311.