Planning Administrator (Maternity Leave)
|Open Date||Jan 08 2021 - 11:03:00 AM||Close Date||Jan 29 2021 - 12:00:00 PM|
|Position Title||Planning Administrator (Maternity Leave)||Posting Type||Administration|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full Time Temporary|
|Department Group||Hours per Week|
|Department||Development Services & Engineering||Openings||1|
|Salary Range||$29.62 to $35.32|
The Corporation of the City of Orillia has an opening for a temporary employee due to a maternity leave for the position of Planning Administrator in the Development Services and Engineering Department.
- Working knowledge and experience with ESRI ArcGIS.
- Prepare maps and schedules for Departmental reports and Public Notice circulations for the Official Plan, Zoning By-law amendments, and Committee of Adjustment applications.
- Respond to telephone and counter inquiries associated with requests for land use policy and regulation information and/or complaints.
- Accurately conduct Official Plan and Zoning By-law analyses associated with Building Permit and/or land use planning applications.
- Independently and accurately prepare responses to legal inquiries (compliance letters) by compiling information into a letter form that is based on a review of the records in the City’s property files, and an analysis of the City’s Official Plan policies and Zoning By-law regulations. Track and process requests for legal inquiries from start to finish in a timely manner.
- Review and circulate development proposals for the Official Plan conformity and Zoning compliance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two-year Community College Planning Technician Diploma is required. In addition, a Geographical Information Systems Diploma is preferred. A minimum of three years directly related work experience may also be considered.
- One-year related experience in a municipal planning environment an asset.
- Knowledge of, and proficiency with Microsoft Office Software applications, AutoCAD, AutoCAD Map 2013, ESRI ArcGIS is required. Additional working knowledge of, and experience with Adobe Acrobat and Web Publishing tools is an asset.
- Eligibility for Associate Membership in the Canadian Association of Certified Planning Technicians (CACPT).
- Excellent judgment, initiative, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills as well as the ability to productively work in a team environment and ability to deal with the public in sensitive and emotional situations.
- Ability to prioritize workload and work with minimal supervision.
- Possess a valid class ‘G’ Ontario driver’s licence, with an acceptable driver’s abstract, and a reliable vehicle.
- An acceptable Criminal Record Check is required for this position prior to the commencement date, at the incumbent’s expense.
Compensation for this position is $29.62 to $35.32 (2020 rates) per hour pursuant to the wage schedule for IBEW – Clerical and Technical Employees for a 35-hour work week. Applications will be accepted until January 29, 2021 at noon.
APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED BY APPLYING ONLINE. PLEASE CLICK THE "APPLY NOW" BUTTON BELOW.
Note: The City of Orillia is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free environment. Accommodation will be provided in all steps of the hiring process. Please advise the City of Orillia Human Resources Department if you require any accommodations to ensure you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process. We thank all applicants that apply and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act 2001,S.O. 2001, c. 25., and will be used for the purpose of candidate selection. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Freedom of Information Coordinator, City of Orillia, 50 Andrew St. S., Orillia ON L3V 7T5.