Summer Lifeguard - Instructor
|Open Date||Dec 16 2020 - 11:12:00 AM||Close Date||Feb 26 2021 - 12:00:00 PM|
|Position Title||Summer Lifeguard - Instructor||Posting Type||Recreation|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Casual|
|Department Group||Hours per Week|
|Education||High School||Company||City of Orillia|
|Salary Range||$16.26 plus $1.00 per hour contract completion bonus|
Instructors are responsible to plan, organize and implement a high-quality program that is stimulating and enjoyable for all participants. Supervise and maintain a safe, enjoyable environment for all users.
- Keep current with industry trends and class formats.
- Maintain complete vigilance while on duty and be ready to respond to any emergency situation.
- Complete administrative duties in a timely manner. (eg. attendance, incident/accident reports, opening and closing procedures)
- Maintain a safe and tidy program space ensuring equipment is set-up, clean and stored appropriately.
- Report all concerns, accidents and incidents to immediate supervisor for follow-up and take appropriate action.
- Ensure proper zone coverage and guard station positioning.
- Provide a high level of front line customer service: greeting and engaging participants.
- Assist other instructors in their lessons while not teaching a class.
- Attendance at all pre-season in-service/training is mandatory.
- Understand, adhere to, and enforce Corporate Policies & Procedures, Confidentiality Guidelines, Emergency Procedures and Health and Safety Standards for all participants and staff.
- Must be a minimum of 16 (sixteen) years of age to work in a recreation facility.
- Current Lifesaving National Lifeguard Pool iCertification s required.
- Current Lifesaving Society Swim instructors, Lifesaving Society Lifesaving Instructor, and Lifesaving Society Emergency First Aid Instructor required.
- Standard First Aid with CPR –C (dated within 2 years) reuired.
- High Five: Principles in Healthy Child Development an asset.
- Must possess strong organizational, customer service and both written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Previous leadership experience working with children is an asset.
Work hours vary up to 40 hours per week and may include evening and weekend shifts. The successful candidate will be required to obtain an acceptable and current Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Check at their own expense prior to the employment commencement date.
Compensation for this position is $16.26 per hour plus a $1.00 per hour contract completion bonus. Interested applicants are invited to submit an application by January 29, 2021 at noon.
APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED BY APPLYING ONLINE. PLEASE CLICK THE “APPLY NOW” BUTTON BELOW
Note: The City of Orillia is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free environment. Accommodation will be provided in all steps of the hiring process. Please advise the City of Orillia Human Resources Department if you require any accommodations to ensure you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process. We thank all applicants that apply and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act 2001,S.O. 2001, c. 25., and will be used for the purpose of candidate selection. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Freedom of Information Coordinator, City of Orillia, 50 Andrew St. S., Orillia ON L3V 7T5.