Casual Staff - Community Liaison Assistant (Four Month Contract)
|Open Date||Sep 16 2020 - 03:47:00 PM||Close Date||Sep 28 2020 - 12:00:00 PM|
|Position Title||Casual Staff - Community Liaison Assistant (Four Month Contract)||Posting Type||Culture|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Casual|
|Department Group||Hours per Week||40 hours per week|
|Education||Currently enrolled in a Post-Secondary Program||Company||City of Orillia|
|Salary Range||$14.25 per hour (October 1, 2020 rates)|
The Corporation of the City of Orillia has an opening for a four month contract position of Casual Staff - Community Liaison Assistant at the Leacock Museum in the Community Services Department.
- Welcome and assist guests.
- Lead guided tours.
- Clerical duties including filing, answering the telephone, photocopying, etc.
- Various special projects as required; including preparations for special events and programs.
- Set-up and tear down for private functions and special events.
- Supervise grounds/hall during private functions and special events.
- Maintenance; cleaning of the facilities and grounds.
- Assisting in special projects including the development and installation of exhibits.
- Working towards a degree/diploma in Education, English, Arts and Culture, Museum Studies or History.
- Proficient with the use of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Email and the internet.
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR-C an asset .
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must qualify and have an account through Young Canada Works.
- A Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Check is required for this position prior to the contract start date, at the candidate’s expense.
Compensation for this position is $14.25 per hour (October 1, 2020) pursuant to the Casual Wage Schedule. Interested applicants are invited to submit their application by September 28, 2020 at noon.
APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED BY APPLYING ONLINE. PLEASE CLICK THE "APPLY NOW" BUTTON BELOW.
We thank all applicants that apply and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted. The City of Orillia is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free environment. Accommodation will be provided in all steps of the hiring process. Please advise the City of Orillia Human Resources Department if you require any accommodations to ensure you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection and Privacy Act, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act 2001, S.O. 2001, c. 25, and will be used for the purpose of candidate selection. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Freedom of Information Coordinator, 50 Andrew St. S., Suite 300, Orillia ON L3V 7T5 or call 705-325-1311.