2021 Summer Parks Staff - Horticulture
|Open Date||Mar 31 2021 - 12:36:00 PM||Close Date||Apr 16 2021 - 04:00:00 PM|
|Position Title||2021 Summer Parks Staff - Horticulture||Posting Type||Operations|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Casual|
|Department Group||Hours per Week||40 hours per week|
|Department||Environment and Infrastructure Services||Openings||5|
|Education||High School||Company||City of Orillia|
|Salary Range||$14.46 per hour plus $1.00 contract completion bonus|
The Corporation of the City of Orillia has various openings for summer contract positions of Summer Parks Staff - Horticulture in the Environment and Infrastructure Services Department.
DUTIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Prepare flower beds.
- Install and care of horticultural areas and hanging baskets (includes weekend watering); This includes the operation of a small dump truck.
- Greenhouse operational practices which include transplanting and watering.
- Previous related experience is an asset.
- Must possess a valid Ontario Class 'G' driver's licence with a current and acceptable driver abstract.
- A current and acceptable Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Check is required for this position prior to the employment start date, at the incumbent's expense.
Hours of work will vary and will include days, evening and weekend shifts. Compensation for this position is $14.46 per hour plus $1.00 contract completion bonus paid at the end of summer. Interested applicants are invited to submit their application by April 16, 2021 at 4:00 p.m.
APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED BY APPLYING ONLINE. PLEASE CLICK THE "APPLY NOW" BUTTON BELOW.
We thank all applicants that apply and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted. The City of Orillia is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free environment. Accommodation will be provided in all steps of the hiring process. Please advise the City of Orillia Human Resources Department if you require any accommodations to ensure you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection and Privacy Act, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act 2001, S.O. 2001, c. 25, and will be used for the purpose of candidate selection. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Freedom of Information Coordinator, 50 Andrew St. S., Suite 300, Orillia ON L3V 7T5 or call 705-325-1311.