Winter Control Trades 1 Operator
|Open Date||Nov 02 2020 - 03:16:00 PM||Close Date||Ongoing|
|Position Title||Winter Control Trades 1 Operator||Posting Type||Operations|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full Time Temporary|
|Department Group||Hours per Week||40|
|Department||Environment and Infrastructure Services||Openings||Ongoing|
|Education||Grade 12 Education or Equivalent||Company||City of Orillia|
|Salary Range||$22.23 to $26.13|
The City of Orillia has various openings for contract positions of Winter Control Trades 1 Operator to assist with winter control activities for the 2020/21 (November 2020 – March 2021) season in the Roads and Storm Division of the Environment and Infrastructure Services Department.
- Operate equipment such as single and or tandem axle plow trucks, sanders, and sidewalk machines to maintain the City’s roadways. Other equipment operations may include street flusher truck and rubber-tired loaders with loading scales.
- Perform regular manual work such as snow clearing of walkways and hand sanding as well as patching holes on the roadways.
- Assist with the cleaning of culverts, catch basins, ditch and road maintenance, tree trimming as well as debris and litter clean-up.
- Repair guide rails, installation of street signs and conduct traffic control when required.
- On-call duties. Candidates must live within 30 minutes.
- Must be available to work all shifts, including mandatory evenings and weekends.
- Minimum Grade 12 education or equivalent.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting.
- Previous experience operating municipal and/or highway plowing equipment is an asset.
- Knowledge of Workplace Safety procedures.
- Must possess a valid Ontario class ‘DZ’ driver’s licence with an acceptable driver’s abstract.
- An acceptable Criminal Record Check is required at the incumbent’s expense prior to employment commencement date.
Compensation for this position is $22.23 - $26.13 per hour (October 2019 rates) for 40 hours per week.
APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED BY APPLYING ONLINE. PLEASE CLICK THE "APPLY NOW" BUTTON BELOW.
Note: The City of Orillia is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free environment. Accommodation will be provided in all steps of the hiring process. Please advise the City of Orillia Human Resources Department if you require any accommodations to ensure you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process. We thank all applicants that apply and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act 2001,S.O. 2001, c. 25., and will be used for the purpose of candidate selection. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Freedom of Information Coordinator, City of Orillia, 50 Andrew St. S., Orillia ON L3V 7T5.