Coordinator, Waste Diversion Site (6 Month Contract)
|Open Date||Apr 27 2021 - 02:11:00 PM||Close Date||May 12 2021 - 12:00:00 PM|
|Position Title||Coordinator, Waste Diversion Site (6 Month Contract)||Posting Type||Operations|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full Time Temporary|
|Department Group||Hours per Week||40 hours per week|
|Department||Environment and Infrastructure Services||Openings||1|
|Salary Range||$34.38 to $40.22 per hour|
The City of Orillia has an opening for a six-month contract position of Coordinator, Waste Diversion Site in the Environment and Infrastructure Services Department.
- Compliance with Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), Ministry of Labour (MOL), Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks (MECP) and other legislative requirements including MOE Certificates of Approval.
- Assist with preparation and disbursement of the Waste Management Services budgets.
- Enforce Solid Waste By-law.
- Supervise and coordinate on-site landfilling, waste diversion depots and composting operations, and ensure that all City policies and bylaws are followed.
- Carry out regular inspections of the site; ensure staff are maintaining drainage, roadways, designated progression of filling, and contouring.
- Record keeping of all significant events and incidents; log cell progression and filling locations.
- Ensure public complaints regarding garbage, recycling and yard waste collection are dealt with. Troubleshoot daily collection complaints and problems and hold regular drivers meetings.
- Supervise garbage, recycling, and green bin/yard waste collection contract.
- Participate in departmental management functions including Joint Health and Safety and Labour Management committees.
- Supervise and coordinate staff evaluation and monitor performance through annual performance evaluations.
- Part of the management on-call rotation.
- Post-secondary education (technician or technologist) in a related field preferred.
- Possession of Landfill Manager Certification from the Solid Waste Association of North America is an asset.
- Minimum five years’ experience in Waste Management field with supervisory experience in sanitary landfill operations preferred.
- Thorough working knowledge of relative legislation including background in heavy equipment environment.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, judgment, supervisory, time management and budgeting skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, e-mail and the internet.
- Must possess a valid Class ‘G’ Ontario driver’s licence with an acceptable driver’s abstract.
- Must provide an acceptable Criminal Record Check at the incumbent’s expense.
Compensation for this position is $34.38 to $40.22 per hour for a 40 hour work week. Applications will be accepted until May 12, 2021 at noon.
APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED ONLINE. PLEASE CLICK THE "APPLY NOW" BUTTON BELOW.
We thank all applicants that apply and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted. The City of Orillia is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free environment. Accommodation will be provided in all steps of the hiring process. Please advise the City of Orillia Human Resources Department if you require any accommodations to ensure you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection and Privacy Act, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act 2001, S.O. 2001, c. 25, and will be used for the purpose of candidate selection. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Freedom of Information Coordinator, 50 Andrew St. S., Suite 300, Orillia ON L3V 7T5 or call 705-325-1311.