|Open Date||Dec 16 2020 - 02:44:00 PM||Close Date||Feb 26 2021 - 12:00:00 PM|
|Position Title||Waterfront Director||Posting Type||Recreation|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Casual|
|Department Group||Hours per Week|
|Education||High School||Experience||2 - 4 years|
|Salary Range||$18.06 plus $1.00 per hour contract completion bonus|
The Waterfront Director is required to fulfill all duties such as the seasonal and daily opening and closing of the beaches, conduct weekly Ontario Health Unit water quality samples, communicate effectively with staff and patrons, organize lifeguarding schedule, organizing swimming lessons, organize and keep records of all incidents that happen on City of Orillia property, plan and conduct pre-season training, conduct weekly in-services, and promote water safety. It is the duties and responsibility of the Waterfront Director to create a positive public image for the City of Orillia waterfront.
- Assist in the development, implementation and supervision of all aquatic programs.
- Responsible for the planning, implementation and evaluation of a comprehensive pre-season training program for all aquatic staff, as well as in-service trainings throughout the session.
- Supervise and evaluate all staff responsible for carrying out aquatic programs.
- Responsible for the scheduling of staff assignments at all program locations.
- Responsible for the interim and final evaluation of all aquatic staff.
- Responsible for the development and supervision of a comprehensive in-service training program.
- Responsible for inventory, distribution and retrieval of aquatic equipment and supplies as necessary.
- Responsible for planning, developing, implementing and evaluating special events
- Complete and maintain accurate records of program statistics as required by the Parks, Recreation and Culture Department.
- Prepare a written evaluation of the assigned programs at the conclusion of each program.
- Assist in the on-going promotion of all aquatic programs
- Provide supervision to aquatic staff during regular program hours.
- Responsible for the final check of all safety equipment and locations to ensure the safety and program efficiency.
- The applicant will have previous experience in a supervisory capacity in an aquatic setting.
- The applicant will provide verification of the following current awards- must be originals.
- National Lifeguard Service Award (Waterfront option preferred)
- Life Saving Society Instructor and Swim Instructor Certification required.
- CPR Level C and Standard First Aid Certification required.
- High Five – PHCD.
- Examiner and any other awards are an asset.
- The applicant will have extensive experience in guarding and instructing in an aquatic setting.
- The applicant must demonstrate initiative and the ability to work independently.
- Previous experience with several different aquatic programs would be an asset.
- Must be a minimum of 18 (eighteen) years of age.
Work hours vary up to 40 hours per week and may include evening and weekend shifts. The successful candidate will be required to obtain an acceptable and current Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Check at their own expense prior to the employment commencement date.
Compensation for this position is $18.06 per hour plus a $1.00 per hour contract completion bonus. Interested applicants are invited to submit an application by January 29, 2021 at noon.
APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED BY APPLYING ONLINE. PLEASE CLICK THE “APPLY NOW” BUTTON BELOW
Note: The City of Orillia is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free environment. Accommodation will be provided in all steps of the hiring process. Please advise the City of Orillia Human Resources Department if you require any accommodations to ensure you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process. We thank all applicants that apply and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act 2001,S.O. 2001, c. 25., and will be used for the purpose of candidate selection. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Freedom of Information Coordinator, City of Orillia, 50 Andrew St. S., Orillia ON L3V 7T5.