Administrative Support - Legislative Services
|Open Date||Jul 24 2020 - 02:59:00 PM||Close Date||Aug 11 2020 - 12:00:00 PM|
|Position Title||Administrative Support - Legislative Services||Posting Type||Administration|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full Time Temporary|
|Department Group||Hours per Week||35|
|Department||Development Services & Engineering||Openings||1|
|Education||College||Company||City of Orillia|
|Salary Range||$21.83 to $26.04 per hour|
The Corporation of the City of Orillia has an opening for a maternity leave covering the position of Administrative Support – Legislative Services in the Development Services and Engineering Department.
- Provide clerical support to the Development Services and Engineering Department, Legislatives Services Division including minute taking, research, correspondence, outgoing mail, filing, photocopying.
- Provide back-up assistance at the Department’s counter, including responding to general inquiries and greeting visitors.
- Licensing Appeal Tribunal support to schedule hearings, post notices, swear in participants, record exhibits and prepare correspondence.
- Track and up-date list of exotic animals, prepare quarterly spreadsheet and report to locally authorized agencies for distribution by the Manager of Legislative Services.
- Maintain monthly record of False Alarms and send notices/warnings letters to affected parties.
- Assist Office Manager with preparing and processing weekly Cash Deposit Reports.
- Provide back-up administrative support to the Permits Clerk Technician in their absence.
- Maintain the parking ticket database using Microsoft Access.
- Process online ticket payments, provide month-end reports and prepare month-end payments.
- Prepare and coordinate material for trial including assisting the Manager of Legislative Services in the setting of trial dates for all enforcement agencies, organizing and submitting related material and sending out appropriate notices after trial.
- Respond to general public inquiries and disputes concerning Parking Infractions.
- Provide assistance to the Manager of Legislative Services to process access requests under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
- Community College diploma in Office/Business or Legal Administration.
- AMCTO Municipal Administration Program (MAP) is an asset.
- Demonstrated secretarial experience; keyboarding at minimum 60 wpm.
- Ability to read and understand provincial legislation.
- Working knowledge of the Ontario Municipal Records Management System (TOMRMS) filing system and SIRE.
- Excellent organizational, judgment, initiative and interpersonal skills with ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to deal effectively and courteously with the public, staff and external agencies.
- Excellent computer skills using MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, Access, Email and the Internet.
- Valid class ‘G’ Ontario driver’s licence with reliable vehicle.
- A current and acceptable Criminal Record Check is required for this position at the incumbent’s expense, prior to commencement date.
Compensation for this position is $21.83 per hour for a 35 hour work week. Duration of contract is September, 2020 to September, 2021.
APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED BY APPLYING ONLINE. PLEASE CLICK THE "APPLY NOW" BUTTON BELOW.
We thank all applicants that apply and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted. The City of Orillia is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free environment. Accommodation will be provided in all steps of the hiring process. Please advise the City of Orillia Human Resources Department if you require any accommodations to ensure you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection and Privacy Act, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act 2001, S.O. 2001, c. 25, and will be used for the purpose of candidate selection. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Freedom of Information Coordinator, 50 Andrew St. S., Suite 300, Orillia ON L3V 7T5 or call 705-325-1311.