|Open Date||Oct 15 2020 - 04:05:00 PM||Close Date||Nov 02 2020 - 12:00:00 PM|
|Position Title||WFP/WWTC Operator||Posting Type||Operations|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full Time|
|Department Group||Hours per Week||40 hours per week|
|Department||Environment and Infrastructure Services||Openings||1|
|Education||College||Company||City of Orillia|
|Salary Range||$23.93 to $30.82 per hour|
The City of Orillia has an opening for a full-time position of Water Filtration Plant/Wastewater Treatment Centre Operator in the Environment and Infrastructure Services Department.
- Operation, including process control and maintenance of the Water Filtration and Wastewater Treatment Plants including wells, reservoirs, booster pumping station and sanitary pumping stations in accordance with all applicable Regulations and assist with Collection/Distribution functions as required.
- Test, record and monitor all Water Treatment, Distribution and Wastewater sampling as required to ensure compliance with Regulations.
- Assist as required, with the operation and maintenance of the water meter and backflow prevention programs including installation, troubleshooting, repairs, programming and reading of water meters and associated appurtenances.
- Attain Certificates and Licenses to meet Subsystem and Facility classifications according to Schedule “A” – Special Qualifications, as provided in the IBEW Collective Agreement.
- Monitor facility processes and equipment through SCADA, data collection, instrumentation, alarm monitoring and visual observation, to ensure facility regulatory requirements.
- On-call and standby duties for Water Filtration Plant and/or Wastewater Treatment Centre and pumping stations as required (30 minute response for on-call/standby duties).
- Work in accordance of all City policies and Federal and Provincials Acts, Regulations and Guidelines.
- Minimum two years community college diploma in related field.
- MECP Class III Wastewater Treatment Facility Licence and Class II Water Treatment Subsystem Certificate as well as Class III Water Distribution and Supply Subsystem Certificate and a Class II Wastewater Collection Facility Licence. Minimum OIT Certificates (all four with Mandatory Entry Level Drinking Water Course) required for hiring.
- Technical Standards and Safety Authority (TSSA) and Industrial Maintenance Gas Technician (IMT-M) licence an asset.
- Water Meter Installer and OWWA Cross Connection Control Specialist Certificates an asset.
- Have a thorough understanding of the Drinking Water Quality Management Standard and Environmental Compliance Approval process.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and judgment skills with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent computer skills using MS Office applications including Word and Excel.
- First aid, confined space and WHMIS training an asset.
- Possess a valid class ‘DZ’ Ontario driver’s licence (or willing to obtain within six months) with an acceptable driver’s abstract.
Compensation for this position is $23.93 to $30.82 per hour (October, 2019 rates), for a 40 hour work week, plus a comprehensive benefits package. Applications will be accepted until November 2, 2020 at noon.
APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED BY APPLYING ONLINE. PLEASE CLICK THE "APPLY NOW" BUTTON BELOW.
We thank all applicants that apply and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted. The City of Orillia is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free environment. Accommodation will be provided in all steps of the hiring process. Please advise the City of Orillia Human Resources Department if you require any accommodations to ensure you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection and Privacy Act, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act 2001, S.O. 2001, c. 25, and will be used for the purpose of candidate selection. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Freedom of Information Coordinator, 50 Andrew St. S., Suite 300, Orillia ON L3V 7T5 or call 705-325-1311.